iPad Blessings


About a week after Trevor got his official Autism diagnosis I opened the door to go get the mail, and there was a giftbag on the porch. The tag read "Someone in the church said this will bless your son". Surprised and slightly confused, I opened the bag up and inside was a new iPad and case!!! I had read about the great autism and learning apps for the iPad and it was on our list of things to get/ do for him when we had the funds. I silll cant believe that someone was so generous to bless him with one!!! Since than we have gotten some apps for specific areas that he is struggling with. He loves it, and has done so well with it-he is so gentle and careful. Right now we only have learning apps on it and we sit together every day and have work on them. I like being able to watch and see how well he does and explain to him when he doesn't understand or might miss a question. I think most of the apps we have been using would be great reinforcement for any kid but esspecially for one that might be struggling with language skills.

Our fav apps at the moment:

1. Buddy Bear-  Basic questions, Yes/ No questions, Associations, Comparitives, Opposites and Grammar. Its a super cute teddy bear in different situations where Trevor has to chose the right answer, or move buddy bear to a certain place. When he gets the answer right, the voice restates the question and answer and than says" good job!" The voice is super cute and its really simple but I can already tell that its helped with his receptive language skills.

2.iTouch, iLearn apps- We have "words" right now but I think they have other apps as well. It has different activities and games and songs. He really likes to watch the little animations of the different words.

3. Different Roads to Learning Apps- There are several of these that we currently have: What goes together, What's that sound, Clean Up: category sorting, and Lets build a Bedroom.  I love how each of these cheers for him when he gets the answer right! He loves positive reinforcement!

I hope one day we can bless someone like we have been blessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment